Spring symbolizes growth and renewal. Spring is fast approaching and it’s time to share this basic Spring Tonic. During the winter months animals hibernate and plants go dormant. Everyone begins to wake up. Humans are included in this.
The first plants to emerge are called spring tonics. Some of these herbs are dandelion, chickweed, young poke shoots, and nettles. These spring tonics can help with digestion and stimulate liver function.
Wake up from winter with a Spring Tonic.
- 1 tablespoon burdock root
- 1 tablespoon dandelion root
- 1 tablespoon nettles
- 1 tablespoon dandelion leaf
- 1 tablespoon red clover
- Place the nettles, dandelion leaf, and red clover blossoms into a heat safe container.
- Decoct roots in a quart of water. Simmer for twenty minutes.
- Pour hot water decoction over the leafy greens
- Steep for twenty minutes then strain.
Starting your own herbalist path? Click here to see where I go to continue my education.