In the summer months, the new life that emerged in spring is in full swing. The sun is high in the sky casting warmth–or in Florida’s case–excruciating heat upon the land.
During the summer we are active and engaged in the world. Food is plentiful. We can eat as many fresh fruits and vegetables as possible to help keep us cool.
Following is a recipe to help keep you cool this summer.
- 1/2 to one whole lime, or to taste
- 4 – 6 hibiscus ice cubes
- Cold water
- Tiniest pinch of clove
- Dash of sweetener or 1-2 fruit ice cubes (optional)
- Add lime slices or squeeze desired amount of juice into a tall glass
- Add sweetener/fruit cubes if desired
- Pour cold water over contents
- Stir in tiny pinch of clove
What ways do you keep cool during the hot months?
Interested in my herbal path? Click here to see how I further my herbal education.